The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

This forum=fail

This is the spot to post your trail and trip reports. Please notify [email protected] when you do so that we can feature the better ones on the front of the website.
hnhbaxter
Expert
Tagline: Old School Hall Monitor

TheGnar;147027 wrote:
Is Mike the only person that wants increased traffic? I thought that was the idea of moving to a new board...for expansion?

No, he is not the only one. This is a non-argument.

TheGnar;147027 wrote:
Do you honestly think that having a separate forum for TRs is bad for the site? Since there's (almost) always more guests than members online, i'm gonna go out on a limb and say that they aren't here to read the same 8-12 people post over and over, but are most likely here for content that are in those trip reports (especially now).

Those 8-12 are also the 8-12 who post up TR's so again, non-argument

TheGnar;147027 wrote:
Why not make it easier for users to find what they came here to find?

As if it was hard to find before? What part of TR in the thread title was so hard to figure out or find?

TheGnar;147027 wrote:
Even though it doesn't mean crap; my .02. And let the flaming begin...

You are correct, it does not mean crap...:D
If you want big air out of me, pull my finger
TheGnar
Expert

Since all the mods seem to hate it, why don't one of yall delete that shiite muslim?
SkiCop
Expert

We think that it would be a good idea to see how it goes since the owner of the messageboard created it.
TheGnar
Expert

Really? Mike created it? No way...It had to be one of you guys who don't like it, right?

Why don't yall email Mike expressing your disapproval to see what he says?
hnhbaxter
Expert

TheGnar;147145 wrote:
Really? Mike created it? No way...It had to be one of you guys who don't like it, right?

Glad to see the sarcasm meter is working Gnar
SkiCop
Expert

No dummy. He obviously did it for a reason. Bear in mind that this forum will be strongly moderated to keep out the unnecessary fluff.
SkiCop
Expert

Mine must need calibration.
hnhbaxter
Expert

SkiCop;147151 wrote:
Mine must need calibration.

I guess all us hate filled admins need an adjustment - silly of us to think that we actually may know what is cool and not cool w/ the guy who hired us...
TheGnar
Expert

@hnhbaxter 147149 wrote:Glad to see the sarcasm meter is working Gnar

I've been working on it.:)

Seriously though...I see your point Bax, but at the same time if we took a poll to see what brought us all here, i'd bet a dollar to a doughnut that most people were looking for TR's to see how conditions were playing out or just plain looking for stoke. Something we saw probably sparked our interest so we signed up to interact with like-minded individuals.

Some people aren't interested in networking and will always be lurkers just looking for pictures/TRs.

I wonder if there's a way to put up a poll on the home page so anyone who visits can vote on how/why they found the site. That might be helpful to Mike to see wether we need the different forums. Or a better idea; just throw up a poll on the front page asking if everyone favors the old format of Ski/Non-Ski/HOF or the "new" deal.

Either way, this is still the best forum i've found (even out west) in terms of camaraderie and genuinely good people and I don't get why more people that live in the region don't sign up.

::end nonsensible rant::
daddygrace
Advanced

This is ghey.... GHEY I'm tellin' ya'....!!!!!!!!