The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Cat 11/1

This is the spot to post your trail and trip reports. Please notify [email protected] when you do so that we can feature the better ones on the front of the website.
snowboardwfaith
Intermediate

Today was my first day on the snow this year and I must say it was amazing. The snow wasn't to bad, coverage was much better than I expected with no thin or bare spots. The actual snow condition was soft, but firm enough most of the day to get a good edge in. There was a little bump which turned out to be a nice little jump and a couple of rails set up. Went in with a lot of fears of how my knee would react and while I had a good deal of pain but it was bearable. I was afraid I would be in a great deal more pain now that I'm off the snow but am glad that it's really not to bad. So hopefully that means I'll be able to ride all season! Here are a few pics. Shot a few videos as well but they have not finished uploading yet.

Aparently no one told this guy it was suppose to be 65 today...

skiordie
Intermediate

nice photos and video!
TheGnar
Expert

Glad to see you had a good time. Can't believe the coverage is that good still. Wonder why they won't be opening for the week?
snowboardwfaith
Intermediate

They usually don't open for the week in the pre-season. Not enough customers to warrant the staffing I guess. Plus with the weather this week it won't last long.
Mellow Yellow
Advanced

Funny... how did I miss the sasquatch? What time did he show up?

BTW, pretty sure I saw you... nice riding...
snowboardwfaith
Intermediate

@Mellow Yellow 147538 wrote:Funny... how did I miss the sasquatch? What time did he show up?

He got there sometime after noon. I laughed at his outfit for about an hour while watching him bake. Saw you riding. Sorry I didn't say hi. Was kind of feeling anti-social today.
dj
Advanced

Nice TR. We definitely should've gone for a couple of hours today! It's STILL holding up nice.
codyblank
Expert
Tagline: A place where the beer flows like wine.

Nice TR
Think snowmaking temps.