The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

My Washington,DC trip

This is the spot to post your trail and trip reports. Please notify [email protected] when you do so that we can feature the better ones on the front of the website.
Powdermonkey
Advanced

I am still in DC right now but thought I would share my pictures with others on the board. Nothing to do with skiing but it's something a little different.

TheGnar
Expert

Awesome pics, man. What's not to love about D.C. (beside the government)?
Powdermonkey
Advanced

The weather has been great. Metro seems to be WAY over crowded...way more than my last trip back in march. I think they are cutting service and running fewer trains and all that crap.

Went to a Apple store...that place is a NUTHOUSE enough said!
EastCoaster
Expert

TheGnar;147521 wrote:
Awesome pics, man. What's not to love about D.C. (beside the government)?

The insane traffic, the way it turns normal human beings into ******bags, the absurdly inflated housing prices, the lack of mountains closer than an hour away....

As you can tell, I'm not overly enthused about the possibility of moving to DC for a job next spring :D

Still hoping for something out west to turn up...
SteepNdeep
Intermediate

doooood, even if you are offered the job in DC, don't take it. Move out west it has been a life dream for everyone on this board.
EastCoaster
Expert

Not trying to derail this thread...

...but it really depends where I get offers. If the only place I can get a job is DC, then so be it.

But if I get an offer for less money somewhere like Portland, Seattle, Salt Lake, or Denver....yeah, probably heading that direction.
TheGnar
Expert

Well good luck nonetheless.
The Dash
Intermediate

@EastCoaster 147556 wrote:Not trying to derail this thread...

...but it really depends where I get offers. If the only place I can get a job is DC, then so be it.

But if I get an offer for less money somewhere like Portland, Seattle, Salt Lake, or Denver....yeah, probably heading that direction.

If you need help making some contacts out here in seattle, pdx area let me know. Ill see what i can find.
OhDrinkBoy
Expert

Hey EC....Let me know if you have any questions about DC. I lived up there for 5 years, and have lots of family up there.