The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Different Spot. Just as Much Fun. - Another Loveland Pass TR

This is the spot to post your trail and trip reports. Please notify [email protected] when you do so that we can feature the better ones on the front of the website.
KneeDeep
Expert

If that's where I think it is, trust me- you won't be skiing any of those lines in the winter unless you want to die.
EastCoaster
Expert

Yeah, looks like roughly the same area on the pass where I took these in mid-January last year:

Thats a really bad day right there.
TheGnar
Expert

I don't know. In person, where I was at yesterday, looked pretty mellow (in steepness) compared to most of the stuff that was next to what I skied Friday. Also, I talked to a couple guys that said where I was at yesterday was a pretty popular spot for people that aren't ready for something more extreme.

This is why I need to hit up an avy class asap. So I can identify these things myself. I'm sure i'll meet a few people willing to take me out a few times early season to help me out too.
skioutsider13
Expert

i wished it snowed in fl
KneeDeep
Expert

Was it above the lake that's on the right just over the pass (on the A-Basin side)? If so, you DO NOT want to ski the top section of that in the winter. The biggest cornice you'll ever see forms there, and you have to have a death wish to ski it.

There's plenty of mellow stuff up there off the pass, and if you do take an avy class you'll be ahead of most of the idiots up there.
TheGnar
Expert

It wasn't quite above the lake but around 3/4 mile west. Pretty much the same spot. Thanks for the info. I'll get turns in there for a couple more weeks. I have to go to Loveland tomorrow for another interview so I plan on taking my stuff to see if there's still a line off the top of that same spot.

After I finally get prepared (get gear and classes), i'll find a site to register on where people will let a total newb tag along.
hnhbaxter
Expert
Tagline: Old School Hall Monitor

It seems you are catching the spirit of skiing the west really fast
If you want big air out of me, pull my finger
TheGnar
Expert

NOAA is saying 1-3 inches above 10,000 tonight. Maybe tomorrow won't be so bad after all...
TheGnar
Expert

I have some new Head's that are 178. I don't wanna take them out and phuck up the bases. Waiting for a dump...which is comming this Wedneday! Forecasting over a foot in some parts.
OhDrinkBoy
Expert

Props to ya for getting out there Gnar. I'm no BC expert, but you might want to find some peeps to go with when it gets deep.....not worth risking your life.

ODB