The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Beech Mountain - 11/8

This is the spot to post your trail and trip reports. Please notify [email protected] when you do so that we can feature the better ones on the front of the website.
skiordie
Intermediate

For all of us here that have been keeping up with Ski Beech's improvements I do not have anything new to report. I do, however, have some photos showing some of the improvements we already know about. I was also surprised to see a little snow left over from the week before last. The staff at Beech is very excited about the new advanced terrain area. From what i hear, it will have some very nice features and insane jumps (think snowshoe). They are hoping to rival Appalachian's park this year, but we will see how that goes. Competition only makes things better for us. A new ticket booth has been built near the viewhaus. The tubing run has also been relocated behind the viewhaus. I even snapped a shot of the newly painted tunnel. The number one thing that everyone mentioned in regards to improvements will be customer service. All the other additions are nice, but Ski Beech is going to do their best to provide us with great conditions this year. I hope you all enjoy the report and photos.

Left over snow

Some aid to Mother Nature

The tunnel mural

Views of and from the new terrain park site

Relocated tube park

The new ticket booth

jamu123
Beginner

Nice. It doesn't look like they have updated the trail map yet.

skiordie
Intermediate

im sure they will. good observation though
EastCoaster
Expert

You forgot to include the pic where the tunnel exits at the top of Oz.
skiordie
Intermediate

after walking to the top of the old tube run, i was too tired to walk that far ;)
ma267
Expert

Man im excited, cant wait to ride at beech this year.
teledave
Expert

They need to have the magic carpet installed in the Oz tunnel before Thanksgiving too.
Plans for 2015: To ski more than you
skiordie
Intermediate

Well.......hmmm......I didnt want to spoil the surprise Dave......

hnhbaxter
Expert
Tagline: Old School Hall Monitor

^^^Now that's funny, I don't care who you are
If you want big air out of me, pull my finger
skiordie
Intermediate

lol