The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Beech Mountain - 11/8

This is the spot to post your trail and trip reports. Please notify [email protected] when you do so that we can feature the better ones on the front of the website.
codyblank
Expert
Tagline: A place where the beer flows like wine.

cool man. not bad at all.
Think snowmaking temps.
hnhbaxter
Expert
Tagline: Old School Hall Monitor

I wonder how far down towards the parking lot does the new pavement run? THat was one of my pet peeves w/ Beech. The road/walk up to the upper compound was sketchy at best. It was always an ice field
If you want big air out of me, pull my finger
hnhbaxter
Expert
Tagline: Old School Hall Monitor

skiordie;150031 wrote:

The new ticket booth

This is amusing to me. Anything commercial including a ticket booth in Fl. parks goes thru permitting hell. I see at least a half dozen no-nos alone. Beech obviously does not have much of a permitting dept. It kinda looks like a Teds shed
If you want big air out of me, pull my finger
hooper19
Beginner

I was definitely up at Beech today for a meeting...what time where you there? we were all pretty excited though, its gonna be awesome this year. =)
tazznc13
Intermediate

hnhbaxter;150067 wrote:
This is amusing to me. Anything commercial including a ticket booth in Fl. parks goes thru permitting hell. I see at least a half dozen no-nos alone. Beech obviously does not have much of a permitting dept. It kinda looks like a Teds shed

Doesn’t look to be a permanent structure, may be their way around the building code….
codyblank
Expert
Tagline: A place where the beer flows like wine.

looks like they've set it on some concrete blocks for now.
Think snowmaking temps.
skiordie
Intermediate

@hnhbaxter 150065 wrote:I wonder how far down towards the parking lot does the new pavement run?

the new pavement goes all the way to the parking lot
Zone Driven
Expert

i for one don't plan to hang out in the ticket booth.
skipanther
Advanced

Did you say new expert run? where is it?
n_alabamaskier
Advanced

@skiordie 150031 wrote:

Anybody skied that liftline on lower white lightning? There never has been enough snow for me to contemplate it.