The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Guntherland: Opening Day w/ bonus TR

This is the spot to post your trail and trip reports. Please notify [email protected] when you do so that we can feature the better ones on the front of the website.
IMASKIER
Intermediate

Got to the mountain later than expected...around 10, booted up and hit the snow. Conditions were solid all day. Lower Flying Mile was a bit icy, but from 3/4 to mid station the snow was great. No lift lines and maybe 50 people on the entire mountain and thats pushing it. The temp dropped a good bit between 10 and 2 as the front rolled in and more and more guns were turned on. There was still a lot of work going on in preparation for the busy season but all-in-all it was a good day on the snow with good early season coverage.

Driving in

The sticks

Lower Flying Mile/Snowmaking

Upper Mountain/Charilift Shots

Pisten Bully Winch Cat ready for the season

Bringing the IMP up from storage

IMASKIER
Intermediate

Headed up to Beech to see improvement in action. There was still a lot of natural ground cover from the other night. I was hoping to get a few more shots of the rest of the mountain but the clouds had rolled in and cut down a lot of visibility. They already had a decent base layed down from what I could see and the guns were going on most of the mountain. Only thing I didn't see fired up was Lightning.

]

Sugar from Beech

hnhbaxter
Expert
Tagline: Old School Hall Monitor

entering post into the first Sugar TR of the season - Really nice job - Beech looks good as well
If you want big air out of me, pull my finger
daddygrace
Advanced

Good stuff guys... sorry that I didn't make it up there Chris...
Huey
Intermediate

alright IMASKIFAKER... what's with the flow sticker under your skis in the trunk??? we can stay here all night, so just do yourself a favor and answer my question.
IMASKIER
Intermediate

@Huey 152221 wrote:alright IMASKIFAKER... what's with the flow sticker under your skis in the trunk??? we can stay here all night, so just do yourself a favor and answer my question.

Haha you got me...

Just some posters and stickers the rep threw out when he did his clinic at my shop. Gotta sticker up the ski/gun closet somehow.
Huey
Intermediate

backs of lift chairs and the lift towers seem to be popular places as well... what shop are you at?
IMASKIER
Intermediate

@Huey 152251 wrote:backs of lift chairs and the lift towers seem to be popular places as well... what shop are you at?

I'm too short to slap stickers on lift towers. Ill fall outta the chair. Haha.

I'm at First Tracks on 105 in Boone.

Mini TR: Day 2 - Leaving Sugar now. My only class was cancelled so a few of us headed out. The snow was great and open from the top with good coverage. The temps and natural have really given the mountains a chance to lay on the snowmaking. Also the reason we are leaving now. After 6 runs we all looked like Frosty.

If the natural snowfall and snowmaking temps continue like they say they will then this weekend is looking to be one of the best opening weekends for NC resorts in recent history.
daddygrace
Advanced

imaskier;152358 wrote:
i'm too short to slap stickers on lift towers. Ill fall outta the chair. Haha.

I'm at first tracks on 105 in boone.

Mini tr: Day 2 - leaving sugar now. My only class was cancelled so a few of us headed out. The snow was great and open from the top with good coverage. The temps and natural have really given the mountains a chance to lay on the snowmaking. Also the reason we are leaving now. After 6 runs we all looked like frosty.

If the natural snowfall and snowmaking temps continue like they say they will then this weekend is looking to be one of the best opening weekends for nc resorts in recent history.

very cool... Thanks dude!!!!
codyblank
Expert
Tagline: A place where the beer flows like wine.

Nice. Thank You.
Think snowmaking temps.