The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

An epic november day.

This is the spot to post your trail and trip reports. Please notify [email protected] when you do so that we can feature the better ones on the front of the website.
Powderhound21
Beginner

There are things and events that happened today that could not possibly be put into images. Today was undoubtedly THE best day ive ever experienced without a lift... and in terms of snow conditions, also the most pristine and epic conditions ive rode... anywhere. The only downfall of the day was the agonizing hikes out. But who am I to even think of complaining when my day went like this...

5:39am. Look outside. Snowing.

^It snowed more than this... Alot more. We ended up with 3" today, but I was gone before it stopped.

Check traffic cams, snowshoe, and closings/delays.

Classes: cancelled.

Snowshoe: Dumping.

Get: Friend

Left Covington at 10. This is a bit north of White Sulphur Springs, WV... bout 10:20.

Snow didnt really get deep until we got past marlinton. This picture is right as you start up the mountain past Edray.

Top.

Slatyfork area. Roads got bad, snow got good.

We got to Snowshoe about 12. It was, to put in one word... puking. Not a sign of blacktop, warmth, or people. Just pow and a friend. Lots of pow. There was at least 20" when we got there, with drifts that seemed to make roofs touch the ground. Snowed so hard at times, vertigo kicked in, and your hand was about all you could see. We laced up, and set out to our usual spot. Good times ensued.

If you would like a background size of this, let me know.

Friend.

Easy 2' on the lift. Backgrounds on this too. This is now mine.

Self. Looking at line.

At one point, it did indeed, briefly, cease dumping. Long enough for a glimpse to the bottom.

.... 15 photo limit.
Powderhound21
Beginner

At this point cold took toll on camera batteries... so about 2 hours of the day is missing here. Couldnt take any more until we ate our food in the car and warmed up... Which by then we were pretty much done. I took a few pictures of skidder... Sorry if some are fogged, the lens fogged over and frosted in the cold.

That pile really is even with the mouth of the pole-mounted fangun.

Cranking out.

Outside shavers centre.

End.
Mellow Yellow
Advanced

nice
SteepNdeep
Intermediate

awww man, batteries die before we get the slayage. Nice TR.

p.s. I HATE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hnhbaxter
Expert
Tagline: Old School Hall Monitor

So did you poach anything? Looks like foot trails - I am truly envious of the adventure
If you want big air out of me, pull my finger
KneeDeep
Expert

SO sick.... and its so cool to see the SE getting dumped on.
Powderhound21
Beginner

hnhbaxter;152720 wrote:
So did you poach anything? Looks like foot trails - I am truly envious of the adventure

If you mean those tracks in the distance in the lift picture... those are board tracks. we hit this little line for an hour and a half before we saw ski patrollers nailing up a sign. So we split right quick then.
TheGnar
Expert

Holy hell! I wonder when Loveland/A-Basin/Keystone will get their first 3 foot dump. Can't wait.

Killer pics by the way.
snowboardwfaith
Intermediate

So if the shoe has that much natural snow why are they only opening 6 trails? Seems like they could groom it into a base and add some more on it and be a step ahead.
Powderhound21
Beginner

patrollers will probably give he|l friday in regards to powder poaching.