The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

EPIC day at Sugar: 11/21/08

This is the spot to post your trail and trip reports. Please notify [email protected] when you do so that we can feature the better ones on the front of the website.
clemsonkeri
Beginner

Alright, so I left after work on Thursday to head up to Boone for the night with plans to hit up sugar today. Last weather report I saw was at work b4 I left (the hotel's wi-fi was down, go figure). This weather report was a 30% chance of flurries/showers.

much to my surprise (and definitely no complaints!), this is what we saw when we walked outside this morning:

several inches had already fallen and this was around 8 AM:

roads were bad, I have a honda accord, needless to say, we had a little trouble (along with everyone else) making it down 105 from boone to banner elk. 12 miles = about an hour. but we made it, slowly but surely.

anyways, we get there, drink 2 cups of coffee+baileys and get on the mountain around 9:30 AM. even more snow was POURING from the sky.

oh, and it was a new thing for me to not be able to see my feet under the snow. Never seen that much pow (never ridden outside of NC, unfortunately, hoping to change that this season!). it was EPIC and by far the best conditions I have ever seen!

spent most of the morning on the greens (the boyfriend is still new to snowboarding) but the day picked up when I convinced him that blues weren't so bad :)

us:

still snowing:

So around lunch time, we went back to the car to get food and the flask that we forgot to bring up to the locker that morning...forget the food, i just wanted the flask :P well, several more inches had fallen:

near whiteout:

where did my board go??

clemsonkeri
Beginner

from the lift:

nice tracks:

frozen chair:

me:

lots of snow:

all in all I must state the obvious that riding powpow is SOOOO much better!!! I had the best time ever today! And I'd say that 90% of that was because of the powder day and 10% was due to the fact that I had a little captain in me :cool:
jbc28
Expert

Strong TR. It is hard to believe that is just November.

You need to reserve your spot for the Utah trip.
TheGnar
Expert

Wow...Just wow. You guys in the SE are taking all our 'Rado powder this November. :(

Killer TR.
Dontay
Beginner

Dang gunther has scored some major brownie points. Well, maybe not gunther, but mother nature. Hey al gore, who's smiling now. (:>)....................... We are
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

nice TR. I was there and it was awesome. I didn't think NC could have those kind of conditions in November. Man I can't wait for Utah in January after yesterday morning.
WOOOOOO!

aclemons
Advanced

Super TR!!! The powder in those photos is simply amazing!!!
clemsonkeri
Beginner

I still can't belive I rode before Halloween and then got to ride on a foot of fresh powder in NC in freakin November!!! If this is any sign of what we have to look forward to this season, then it will be an EPIC one for sure!!!
IMASKIER
Intermediate

Awsome pics and TR! This weather is unreal
clemsonkeri
Beginner

woohoo one of my pics made front page! :D