The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Sugar 11/29

This is the spot to post your trail and trip reports. Please notify [email protected] when you do so that we can feature the better ones on the front of the website.
wilks
Beginner

So I decided to skip black friday and head to sugar for the day session. Early on the crowd was much smaller than expected, an opinion which was obviously shared by the mountains' management due to the presence of many (some would say too many) ski patrollers. And coincidentally my major gripe with the day's experience. There were patrollers stationed every 200 yards or so, blowing whistles at speedy skiers and riders. Annoying to say the least. However traffic picked up around mid-day and the extensive regulation turned into somewhat effective crowd management.

Conditions were great considering it was November and we were riding from the top of the mountain. However I did notice things started to get a bit slushy (not a problem for me) by the end of the day. There was also what seemed to be the beginnings of a bear spot below the 3/4 station where the trails merge (although I'm sure this week's cold snap and snow has taken care of that).

Early on in the day the grey lift wasn't running, but the yellow lift seemed to do the job due to the smaller morning crowd (although a high speed quad would have been even better). The gray opened later in the day, but snow coverage in the line and loading area was beyond minimal.

All things considered, it was a typical day at Sugar. We had fun and hopefully we'll make it back soon.