The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

TR... Whistler (kinda)

This is the spot to post your trail and trip reports. Please notify [email protected] when you do so that we can feature the better ones on the front of the website.
The Dash
Intermediate

Drove up to whistler yesterday thinking about doing some lift served skiing. Got to the village and looked around but it was already late and didnt feel like spending teh money to ski for an hour or so before the lifts shut down.

Drove down to Squamish to spend the night in a cheaper hotel than Intrawest can offer.

Came back up this morning and was greeted by a mountain socked in with clouds and a cold drizzle. Looked at the lower mountain conditions that I could see, saw snow guns going, turned aroudn and went for a cruise on the sea to sky highway.

Pics

My Hotel 83$ canadian as opposed to whistlers 145$ Canadian

scenics

British Columbia is so beautiful... just wish we werent in such a dry spell right now.

I really wish Had a back country buddy with me who also knew how to get to the mountains in these pics cause they had what appeared to be a lot of snow on them where its just a 20" base with rocks sticking out everywhere at whistler.
hnhbaxter
Expert
Tagline: Old School Hall Monitor

A run that even shockgun would not attempt
If you want big air out of me, pull my finger
jmoney
Beginner

The Sea-to-Sky hwy is sooo beautiful... def some killer scenes there. How's Baker/Stevens looking out there in WA? We're heading out there in about 3 weeks, keeping our fingers crossed for somewhere to ride!! This is crazy the amount of snow the East Coast is getting and the lack thereof out on the West Coast...
Bronco
Expert

Nice pics Chad! You should of went on a hike.
The Dash
Intermediate

Baker is closed with a 20" base. They dont open till 36" base and every time they get close it rains it all away. Its 55 here in seattle today and raining again to wash all our snow base aaway. they are looking to open in the next week or two though.

Hit me up when your out here and ill make a few turns with you. You may actualyl want to take the drive to whistler or revelstoke since they have much mroe snow and are actually open already.

I wasnt too in the mood for a hike with a light misty rain and 33* temps and a terrible hangover. Damn canucks can throw a party for sure.
n_alabamaskier
Advanced

You do know that Whistler has mandatory gondola downloads early in the season. The base is only at 2,000ft, so it will look thin/rocky at the base for a couple more weeks. There is so much more that you can't see from the village up on the mountain. BUT, after looking at the current snow report Whistler is reporting rain all the way to the summits, so probably a good call, although I did see some blue sky in some of those pics.
Zone Driven
Expert

nice pics. Thanks
The Dash
Intermediate

it was a mostly blue day when i took those pics but our weather rolls in fast, got to whistler and it was a steady rain to the summit with the freezing level at the valley. Nothing worse than a super cold rain.

The entire PNW is hurtin for snow right now.
Zeus
Expert

I heart Whistler.
Silence160
Beginner

Dash,

I am headed down to Timberline on Friday and hitting the Palmer runs at the top since they are the only ones open while I am in Seattle this week. Hard to believe its warmer here than it is back home in NC. Hopefully the weather holds out and I can have a bluebird day on Friday.