The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Kennesaw Mountain National Park- A Hiking TR

This is the spot to post your trail and trip reports. Please notify [email protected] when you do so that we can feature the better ones on the front of the website.
Bronco
Expert

Well my son and I decide to go up to Kennesaw Mountain so he could see the sights and learn a little history about the Civil War. We drove to the top and decided to walk around a bit. He brought his camera with him and decide to be a photog for the day. He likes to take pics of EVERYTHING. We hiked to the peak of Kennesaw Mountain and down the back side. he was being in a Artistic mood and started looking for things to shoot pics. When we got down to the road, he decided he wanted to continue hiking up to the peak of Little Kennesaw Mountain. He was now in a full charge mood and seemed to be getting some good artistic shots. when we reached the peak, we hung around for a bit and then decided to go back to the car. This was his first real hike and I was real proud of him for charing ahead even when he became tired. All in all we covered 4 miles and two hours of time. Needless to say, he was asleep by 7:30 at night.

These are the times that I will always treasure. Boy do I love my son and extremely proud of him.:D Hope you all like the pics. There are too many to post so here is the link in a slideshow. Enjoy

http://s260.photobucket.com/albums/ii32 ... =slideshow
Dontay
Beginner

Wonderful! I love nature and the woods. Cherish your time together, believe me, cherish it.
StealthBoarder
Expert

i think i can see that mountain from my office :)
SkiHeel
Advanced

good times!