The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Holiday Valley, NY trip report

This is the spot to post your trail and trip reports. Please notify [email protected] when you do so that we can feature the better ones on the front of the website.
Latitude39Videos
Beginner

In the spirit of the Holidays my better half and myself decided to head to Holiday Valley in NY for Thanksgiving, the 70 plus inches they have already recieved this year made it a easy sell to her. It was a relative easy drive from Pittsburgh, took about a three and a half hours up I-79 and over on I-87. The resort was only about 10 miles off the Interstate, which made it nice coming in a 2 am.

I couldn't drag myself out of bed until 9, so it was 10 before we hit the hill. Didn't really mind since the only got about a inch, a far cry from the foot the called for. That was the only dissapointment of the day. Long mellow groomed runs, steep groomed, steep bumps, glades, and a few rails all on Thanksgiving is hard to beat. Not to mention they only had half the mountain open, so I can't wait to go back later in the season to check out the rest of the trails.

In my opinion this is a better mountain than Snowshoe, less Cupp and Shays. If your in the area I would definately check it out, but I wouldn't drive more than 6 hours to get there.
hnhbaxter
Expert
Tagline: Old School Hall Monitor

Holiday Valley was my home slope the years I lived In Buffalo, It really was a great place. The management was always working OT to make the place as nice as possible. By the looks of the web site they are still doing the same.
If you want big air out of me, pull my finger
skioutsider13
Expert

needs pics