The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

TR - Beech 11-28

This is the spot to post your trail and trip reports. Please notify [email protected] when you do so that we can feature the better ones on the front of the website.
Mellow Yellow
Advanced

Got to Beech at about 8am and it looked to be a not so promising day. The mountain was socked in with fog. The thought crossed my mind to just pack it up and head to App, but something told me to stay. Grabbed a ticket and went to the quad. Got two "test" runs in with Ski Patrol (thanks guys :D) before the lifts opened. Riding up the quad my original thoughts were confirmed.... FOG. However, the fog cleared as soon as I got two the top. And what to my wondering eyes did (not) appear? Death cookies, ruts and the usual crud. Yep that's right... GROOM I say... flat cord... hallelujah, amen! It really is a new day at Beech.

One note - they did get a little overzealous with the new groomers.. as there was a nice thin spot in the middle of Shawneehaw. We'll let that one slide.

Met up with Xbox after my first "official" run and we cruised the hero snow the rest of the day. Saw theKENdog too, but never hooked up for turns. Looked like he was intensely focused on shooting video today - so he best post it up!

Couple of pics from the day.....

Into the (short lived) fog...

Double cloud deck...

Flat light.. but GROOM...

Xbox... she DOES exist!

OhDrinkBoy
Expert

Thanks for the report....wish I could be there.

Here's to better grooming at Beech!
bamapilot
Expert

Excellent thread. I would expect as the temps stay down, all thin spots will become distant memories. Can't wait to get up to Beech this season, I'm looking forward to supporting all the new stuff they got going on.
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

Yeah i got some vids, I might put them up in a bit with a few pics I got. Great day though. that skiboard thing you were riding is sick looking you were carving the hell out of Shawneehaw, almost parallel to the ground.
WOOOOOO!

Bronco
Expert

Love that courdoroy! Great TR Mellow.:D I too am excited about hitting Teh Beech again. Going on December 23rd after I pick up The Dash @ the airport. Hopefully they get dumped on that day or at least days prior.
FUNBOI
Beginner

Hats off to the bros. in the new CATS. glad to have you guys up there. look forward to some smooth runs...sick parks...and awesome boardercross runs!
codyblank
Expert
Tagline: A place where the beer flows like wine.

looks like they have changed for this year for the good. gonna have to hit it up soon.
Think snowmaking temps.
Huey
Intermediate

beech is lookin good!!!
StealthBoarder
Expert

Mellow Yellow;155475 wrote:
Got to Beech at about 8am and it looked to be a not so promising day. The mountain was socked in with fog. The thought crossed my mind to just pack it up and head to App, but something told me to stay. Grabbed a ticket and went to the quad. Got two "test" runs in with Ski Patrol (thanks guys :D) before the lifts opened. Riding up the quad my original thoughts were confirmed.... FOG. However, the fog cleared as soon as I got two the top. And what to my wondering eyes did (not) appear? Death cookies, ruts and the usual crud. Yep that's right... GROOM I say... flat cord... hallelujah, amen! It really is a new day at Beech.

One note - they did get a little overzealous with the new groomers.. as there was a nice thin spot in the middle of Shawneehaw. We'll let that one slide.

Met up with Xbox after my first "official" run and we cruised the hero snow the rest of the day. Saw theKENdog too, but never hooked up for turns. Looked like he was intensely focused on shooting video today - so he best post it up!

Couple of pics from the day.....

Into the (short lived) fog...

Double cloud deck...

Flat light.. but GROOM...

Xbox... she DOES exist!

i saw you two...thought it was you Mellow, but wasn't sure...i was there pretty much all day.
Mellow Yellow
Advanced

StealthBoarder;155548 wrote:
i saw you two...thought it was you Mellow, but wasn't sure...i was there pretty much all day.

Well, say hi next time...