The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Over the head blower in November.... 24" at Loveland

This is the spot to post your trail and trip reports. Please notify [email protected] when you do so that we can feature the better ones on the front of the website.
KneeDeep
Expert

Holy crap... woke up to a report of 16" at 6:00am, but it was snowing at about 2" per hour so by the time the lifts started spinning, there was easily 20" on the ground. It hasn't let up all day and they reported 24" at noon. The snow was SO soft and deep all morning.

I got lucky and was at the rope when Patrol dropped it on Nix Nox... every turn was waist deep or more, and the super-light powder was up over my head each time I turned. Choking on cold smoke never felt so good.

Tomorrow could be even better with the snow continuing through the night and into tomorrow- another 12"+ are forecasted thru tomorrow night. I'll try to take my camera tomorrow. :)
SteepNdeep
Intermediate

holy **** nice!!!!! get after it, and remember to take pics!
ut_hucker
Beginner

I hope it keeps it up. The forecast is starting to look a little more like winter.
KneeDeep
Expert

Terrain is opening up left and right.... Vail has over 600 acres open, and most everywhere is going off!
codyblank
Expert
Tagline: A place where the beer flows like wine.

sounds like winter has started out west.
Think snowmaking temps.
ut_hucker
Beginner

How's Abasin looking?
KneeDeep
Expert

Haven't been this year yet, but 15" in the last day and a half- they should open up a bunch more this week because of it. Of course, it'll take a few more feet before they even think of Pali and Montezuma. Vail opened a ton today, and I think BC did too.
TheGnar
Expert

@KneeDeep 155539 wrote:Holy crap... woke up to a report of 16" at 6:00am, but it was snowing at about 2" per hour so by the time the lifts started spinning, there was easily 20" on the ground. It hasn't let up all day and they reported 24" at noon. The snow was SO soft and deep all morning.

I got lucky and was at the rope when Patrol dropped it on Nix Nox... every turn was waist deep or more, and the super-light powder was up over my head each time I turned. Choking on cold smoke never felt so good.

Tomorrow could be even better with the snow continuing through the night and into tomorrow- another 12"+ are forecasted thru tomorrow night. I'll try to take my camera tomorrow. :)

+1 to all that shiz...LL was freakin' sick today.
KneeDeep
Expert

Got a couple crappy pics I might put up later.... but today was another epic November day. Another 15" reported this morning and it was DEEP.

We were one of the first down the steeps under Chair 1 when they opened them around 11:00- so, so nice.
jbc28
Expert

KneeDeep;155618 wrote:
Got a couple crappy pics I might put up later.... but today was another epic November day. Another 15" reported this morning and it was DEEP.

We were one of the first down the steeps under Chair 1 when they opened them around 11:00- so, so nice.

Nice! They are opening up stuff earlier than last year.