The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
admin

Well, it's past 5. What's it looking like? :?:
snowbird
Advanced

it wont be as boomber as utah and i promise you that. it snowed everyday in utah. that was boomber.
admin

It is growing more and more likely that we DO see a heavy snow this weekend, still need to iron some things out, but depending on the track we could see as much as a foot. Alot can change, but the general consensus is that there will be a low tracking from Calif, and getting juiced up in Texas, at the same time several shortwaves are sent from Canada that will phase with the low in TX and bring it up the eastern seaboard, stay tuned to your weather source for this weekend,this should get interesting.
Tmiller72
Expert

NCAPPS wrote:
It is growing more and more likely that we DO see a heavy snow this weekend, still need to iron some things out, but depending on the track we could see as much as a foot. Alot can change, but the general consensus is that there will be a low tracking from Calif, and getting juiced up in Texas, at the same time several shortwaves are sent from Canada that will phase with the low in TX and bring it up the eastern seaboard, stay tuned to your weather source for this weekend,this should get interesting.

Nooooo! Now we're jinxed, you said we could get a foot. Now it will miss us for sure! :wink:
2019-20

Beech: 10
Snowshoe: 3
Alta: 2
Brighton: 1
Solitude: 1
Jackson Hole: 2
2slikstix
Expert
Tagline: Tree Whore

Jsalford79 wrote:
Well, I am driving up friday morning from Raleigh. I am leaving about 8 in the morning so hopefully the roads wont be do bad by then.

Tourism drives the area in winter, most times they plow quickly. Cant spend $$$ in the room if you cant drive.
"You mean there is Two of them??"
"it's about 10 very heavy inches. I can drive it but it sure will be slow"
afrobigfoot
Expert

Id love to see some snow, and me and my girlfriend are supposed to come up Sunday, but if its snowing, im pretty sure her mom wont let her go, so idk.
skiing rules
Expert

afro where are you going? im going to sugar sunday
ut_Twintip
Intermediate

I think Xboxchic and i will hit up appy or sugar this wknd.
skiing rules
Expert

cool, it looks to be snowing pretty hard up tghere right now so iy shold be awesome this weekend, eww im so excited