The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
andyroo186
Beginner

The conditions tonight at hawksnest were amazing. Me and a friend got there at about 5:45 and were on the slopes right at 6 when they opened and were among the first to go down. I honestly felt like I was somewhere out west. The snow was very dry and fluffy with the occasional bad spot (of course, we are in nc). The park was also in great condition, even though 2 of my favorite boxes weren't set up it was still a great time. Hopefully it'll be this good all week. (and sorry no pictures)
extremeskier11
Beginner

I skied Hawks Sunday its was nice out..
andyroo186
Beginner

did no one go? was beech or sugar or app really good tonight???
snowbird
Advanced

I honestly felt like I was somewhere out west. The snow was very dry and fluffy with the occasional bad spot (of course, we are in nc).

i gurarntee you one thing it didnt feel like you were riding this

no doubt in my mind. it might have been good, but it didnt fell like you were out west. thats what you get out west. may i remind you that pic was taken a week ago yesterday at jackson hole, wy. a real western resort. tied for the top in the nation in the birds book.

i give bird/hole the 1 punch of best us resorts.

need i say more.

im going back otu on the east coast tonight. i sure hope i can say i felt like i was out on the west coast, but you will never hear that outta my mouth. we have hills they have mtns.
andyroo186
Beginner

oh my god, shut the hell up. you guys are so damn annoying. you think you own the freakin' country because you took a trip out west. SHUT UP! Sorry if I had a good night because the conditions were good in NC. Don't try to ruin it. And stop freakin' bragging all the damn time. "we went out west" "here's tons of pictures from out west that were awesome" SORRY IF I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO GO OUT WEST RIGHT NOW.
teledave
Expert

andyroo186 wrote:
oh my god, shut the hell up. you guys are so damn annoying. you think you own the freakin' country because you took a trip out west. SHUT UP! Sorry if I had a good night because the conditions were good in NC. Don't try to ruin it. And stop freakin' bragging all the damn time. "we went out west" "here's tons of pictures from out west that were awesome" SORRY IF I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO GO OUT WEST RIGHT NOW.

Somebody needs to get laid.
Plans for 2015: To ski more than you
snowbird
Advanced

i know where a pole is!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you wanna know just ask
g8erhater
Advanced

Calmer than you are.

Will you just take it easy?

Calmer than you are.
Zeus
Expert

Well, since no else will.... I will play Devil's Advocate for a minute and stick up for Andy. You guys kinda have been on a thread hijacking spree lately (I don't really blame ya, I've been out west more than my fair share, and it is really no comparison) but to bring up the conditions in Utah on the Massanutten thread for example...come on, guys. A tad bit uncalled for.

Of course, on the flip side, Andy, telling people to shut the hell up isn't very polite either, and will probably not get you on the girl scout cookie list from the board...

I am glad you had a good time at the 'nest, though.

Now that I have probably angered a few of the Utah peeps, please go easy on me... I'm just a lowly peon!

No offense was meant in this post- hope none was taken.

Zeus grants himself 5 lightning bolts of positive karma for chiming in when no one really needed him too! Yoo-hoo!:D
snowbird
Advanced

that picture makes u cum in your panties doesnt it gresh?