The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Kicking Horse BC

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
wilks
Beginner

Does anyone have experience with this mountain? I'm interested in general opinions about the terrain. I have some friends planning a trip there this year and I'm thinking of tagging along. My only experience in BC is Whistler and I'm sure it would be tough to draw a comparison.
davidski
Expert

I don't know anything about it, except I would love to go there if I had the opportunity. What an experience, it is to say the least --off the beaten track
jimw
Beginner

I would love to go to some the BC interior resorts but easy access is always the issue with me. Kicking Horse looks awesome. I would jump on board, if I had some friends going.
Walden
Beginner

We are thinking of this place too. Calagary is a pretty reasonable flight and it's not too far from the airport with a stop into Banff.
porter
Advanced

Yeah -- I skied there a few years ago. It's a big, steep mountain with phenomenal scenery. It gets less snow (and is colder) than Revelstoke but more snow (and is warmer) than Lake Louise. The lower half or less of the mountain is cruiser and intermediate terrain, while the upper half to two thirds is big, steep, and cliffy.

Golden is not bad as a ski town and is close enough to drive every day (as opposed to staying on the mountain).

davidski
Expert

porter wrote:

uumm.. wow. Welcome back porter, I'd go there

although I'd be in the trees not the cliffs
wilks
Beginner

Thanks for sharing porter!
wilks
Beginner

Tickets purchased, stay tuned for one epic TR early next year.