The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Sugar's new six pack may also carry gondolas 2016-17 season

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
johnmelton
Beginner

This was news to me but I may have missed it somewhere, may be nice during snowmaking, Kim stated it may happen, they do already have a VIP cabin with a glass floor, here is an article that came out today:

http://www.digitaljournal.com/life/life ... cle/445392
Last edited by johnmelton on Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
jking89
Beginner

I kinda hope this doesn't come to fruition. IMHO this will further crowd Northridge and Switchback with people who are standard chairlifttarded.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

jking89 wrote:I kinda hope this doesn't come to fruition. IMHO this will further crowd Northridge and Switchback with people who are standard chairlifttarded.

Can you imagine seeing Floridiots try and jump in and out of a moving gondola cabin? Would be entertaining.
WOOOOOO!

codyblank
Expert
Tagline: A place where the beer flows like wine.

I can only imagine MLK weekend this year. They will have to bus them from the Tennessee state line to Sugar. :lol: :shock:
Think snowmaking temps.
jt3
Intermediate

They will also have to park near Tennessee.
codyblank
Expert
Tagline: A place where the beer flows like wine.

jt3 wrote:They will also have to park near Tennessee.
True dat
Think snowmaking temps.
SKISC
Expert

theKENDOG wrote:
jking89 wrote:I kinda hope this doesn't come to fruition. IMHO this will further crowd Northridge and Switchback with people who are standard chairlifttarded.

Can you imagine seeing Floridiots try and jump in and out of a moving gondola cabin? Would be entertaining.
That may warrant a lounge chair and cooler up top.
2slikstix
Expert
Tagline: Tree Whore

Can you imagine seeing Floridiots try and jump in and out of a moving gondola cabin? Would be entertaining.[/quote]

No worse than watching them try to drive in a half inch of snow
"You mean there is Two of them??"
"it's about 10 very heavy inches. I can drive it but it sure will be slow"
davidski
Expert

SKISC wrote:
That may warrant a lounge chair and cooler up top.

could we do a time share on that?
jamsandwich
Expert

how would this even work? would there just be gondolas spaced apart on the line? so you have to wait for the gondola car to come around? and then you either get lucky and get a gondola car or they skip it if no vips are waiting?