The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Article about Canaan Timberline and Whitegrass is up

This is the spot to post your trail and trip reports. Please notify [email protected] when you do so that we can feature the better ones on the front of the website.
davidski
Expert

Basically that is the trip reports of one of my best ever weekends.
http://www.skisoutheast.com/catching-the-dream/

I really do fear some people will be pissed off at me for dedicating so much attention to the trees but I like these resorts and would rather see them thrive. those of us who love the trees know where they are and those who don't won't go that deep anyway
RMacSki
Advanced

anyone pissed off about anything in that article doesn't deserve to read it.
2014-2015 Days On: Like a billion already.
SnowshoeGuy
Beginner

Awesome write up on a few of the hills of my home state.
skiing rules
Expert

Good write up and pictures David! I like the story behind all the pictures. I wish I could have made it up that far but it's just too much from atl. I got to Boone Thursday night about 2 hours before it started sorting and snowing. Had a great time at beech Friday. Seven devils areas Saturday and Sunday. Pretty deep turns!
ROYMERCER
Intermediate

Man what a killer trip. the new lodge looks impressive !
2020-2021 days skiing
CAT= 2
APP=
WOLF=
MASSANUTTEN=
TIMBERLINE=
CANAAN VALLEY=
SAPPHIRE=1
Castiel
Beginner

Great article and pictures from what looks like a awesome trip. Wish I could have went up there for the storm.
17/18 Skiing Days: Beech 1, Cat 1, Wolf 1, App 1
swamphox
Expert

Great article. when you say one of your best weekends do you mean overall or on the east coast/in the se?
Live slow, die whenever.....

Days on Snow 22-23
Cat 5
app 1
sugar 1
ober 1
winterplace 2
Homewood 3
davidski
Expert

Saturday was one of my best ever, from start to Apres- finish
skiing rules
Expert

How is the pitch around whitegrass? At seven devils I needed bigger skis. Never thought I would say that with nc but the knee deep turning kept bogging my skis down. I don't like having to lean back, ever, but it was all I could do to get some speed built up and make half dozen turns. It was the best snow I've skied in years and best of all time for me in nc. I was on old Rossi s3's 180 length 90 underfoot and traditional camber. And they were mounted +1
davidski
Expert

whitegrass is basically a really expansive network of cross country trails through woods and drainages, some steep some not ...It can be amazing terrain but if you get mixed up (as I ALWAYS do when I come over Bald Knob from CVR) you either have to re-skin or spend some time slogging up or accross small ridgelines for awhile. But you can skin to the top of Round top and have reliably pitched trees all the way dawn no matter how deep the snow --Only 700 ft but really fine

Timberline trees are more reliably steep -- Man you could tear that place up! Were you at Seven Devils this storm?