The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Cat 1-4-18

This is the spot to post your trail and trip reports. Please notify [email protected] when you do so that we can feature the better ones on the front of the website.
swamphox
Expert

We got up early and headed out. It was 5 degrees on the mountain when we got there in the AM. It was pretty crowded but the lift lines kept moving and probably never got more than 8 or 10 people deep while we were in them and the noobs stayed to the side trails.

The snow was the best I've ever seen it possibly anywhere I've been. Beautiful soft smoky man made powder that can only come from really cold temps and really low humidity. Some of the runs got a little scraped off by the end of the day but easy way/rabbit hill, rock island, and alley cat stayed powdery all day.

I saw something really cool. Some clouds rolled over the mountain and into the valley, enveloping about half of it. About half an hour later the clouds dissipated and it had snowed a little far off in the distance.
Vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5U_JxR-RamQ

It was cold but we found a bra hibernating in her natural habitat right in front of where we parked.

It was cold. Not the coldest Ive ever been in but very close and probably the lowest high temp Ive ever been in:11 degrees. When Aiden and I took our boots off they made a crackling sound

Disappearing into the man made blizzard

Looking down on Upper OMG

Maybe a vid later
Last edited by swamphox on Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Live slow, die whenever.....

Days on Snow 22-23
Cat 5
app 1
sugar 1
ober 1
winterplace 2
Homewood 3
brigand
Beginner

Cat is having a great year; drove up early December and conditions were stellar.
davidski
Expert

I love your reports, you and your boy getting it done --- imagine the conversations you'll have about that cold day at Cat 20 years from now, that's awesome.