The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Mini Beech Summit Saturday 1/26?

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
Timski
Beginner

Skiid Beech today, Friday, want to try Sugar tomorrow. The new main lift is nice, is a fixed quad with moving loading platform. A little slow but not bad.
As shown, it packs a lot of skiers. Also as shown, no progress yet on snowmaking on white lightning to left of the chairs. Conditions were good, snowmaking was in operation all day but thankfully they angle the guns high so face blasting was minimal. This I'm posting now Fri, 1/25/19, not sure why it's being dated as if I'm posting tomorrow!
Wanakenatransplant
Beginner

Beech Facebook says they are working on Southern Star and White Lightning. Are they just a bunch of BS or are these slopes going to open soon? I was going to come up this weekend but something came up. I am planning for next weekend though. It is January 25th, they should have something open by now.
Mellow Yellow
Advanced

theKENDOG wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:52 pm
Mellow Yellow wrote:I'll be at Beech tomorrow....
DUDE. THE MELLOW YELLOW. Hit me up. I got a burger for you.
lol... good to see ya briefly - most of the day was spent teaching my kid. Sorry I missed lunch! Probably going up again next Saturday.